You can populate your record on a company by taking notes on where you met them, what products and services you might be interested in and any other details that may relate to their company. Notes are useful for internal collaboration and communication as well as causality backup for any offset obligations that your organization may have.
1. When you are searching for companies in the OMX marketplace, you can easily add a note on that company by clicking the tag icon next to the company name in the search results. If you need a refresher on searching in OMX, click here.
Tip: when trying to access the notes and tagging page, you can also go on the company profile. Under the profile select 'Annotate.' In the 'Annotate' page you can find 'Ratings,' 'Notes,' and 'Tags.' If you need a refresher on how 'Ratings' work, click here.
2. Clicking on the tag icon will open the “Tags and Notes” tab on the company profile.
3. You will see a ‘Notes’ textbox with the prompt to “Enter new note...” Begin typing your note into the textbox and when you are finished click ‘Add Note’ to save the note to the company’s profile.
4. After you click 'Add Note,' your note will be date and time stamped and associated with your user account to allow for greater collaboration. Notes are logged in real time so that business development teams can gain immediate insight into any new data being logged into OMX. The notes that you save are private to users permissioned on your organization’s OMX account and cannot be viewed by other organizations or users on the platform.
Tags are another great way to sort and track details about companies you've bookmarked in OMX. Tags are custom labels that you can create and apply to any company that you've bookmarked in OMX. Eg. if you met a company at CANSEC 2014, you may want to tag them "CANSEC 2014." If they were also a machine shop, you could tag them "CNC Machining." Any label that you want to give a company, can become a tag. Once you have created a tag, it will appear in an available tag menu so that you can easily search and avoid duplicate tags.
Tags are a great way to filter your search results to use the OMX data analytics tools. For instance, if a group of suppliers are tagged "Program X", your team would then be able to create maps and visualizations to show the regional distribution, SME content and exports specifically within your supply chain for that program.
Adding a tag from the marketplace:
1. Similar to adding notes to a company, you can easily add a tag by clicking the tag icon next to the company name in the search results.
2. Clicking the tag icon will open the “Tags and Notes” tab on the company profile. Begin typing your desired tag in the tag textbox. As you type, a dropdown will appear showing previous tags that your organization has used. When you are finished typing your tag, click 'Save Tags'. You can enter as many tags on an organization as you need to.
The tags that you save are private to users permissioned on your organization’s OMX account and cannot be viewed by other organizations or users on the platform.
Once you have added tags to a few organizations, you can filter by those tags to create detailed lists, maps and visualizations to include in your reporting and bids. To filter a search by a tag that you've created, click here.