The OMX platform gives suppliers two key features to manage documents related to causality. While, as a supplier, you will never be audited on causality, your clients will (if you are working in the defence industry). It is important for them to establish that the contract they won from the Government of Canada was the reason they started doing business with you in the first place. This is a key factor for primes doing indirect IRB/ITB transactions.
You can help them establish causality, and strengthen your relationship with them, by storing documents and email related to your relationship and transactions within the OMX platform. You can also use document sharing in OMX as part of your marketing and business development efforts by uploading case studies, brochures and other marketing materials that you can then easily share with any other organization on OMX.
Uploading any documents to OMX's secure servers can be easily done by following the below steps.
1. From your company Dashboard, click the 'Documents' tab in the left hand navigation menu. This action will bring you to your list of supporting documents that you have uploaded.
2. To browse your computer's files for the file you wish to upload, click the choose 'Upload Files' button.
3. Or you can drag files from your computer into the document upload area or click to upload a document.
4. You will now see your file in the document repository and can easily download, send, edit, view more information or delete it using the icons that appear on the right side of the screen when you hover your mouse over the document.
5. To send a document to any organization on OMX by clicking on the message icon.
6. Next, start typing the name of the organization you wish to send the document to. From the drop down menu that appears, select the name of the organization and you're good to go. Note that when you see an organization name with a checkmark beside it, that indicates there is a user behind the profile/ the organization has been claimed on OMX.
7. You can also edit the details on the document and tag the document to a project or transaction for use in proving causality. To access this area, click on the pencil icon beside the document you wish to edit.
8. Fill in any document details or associate it with a project or transaction if you have been invited to do so by a buyer.