Bookmarks and Tags can both be used in conjunction with the map tool in OMX. The map tool allows you to visually plot the companies that you have identified on a Google Map. Many sellers use OMX's map feature to illustrate regional diversification in their marketing and sales efforts. When selling to buyers who have obligations for local spending or IRB/ITB obligations, it is valuable to show that as a supplier, you can help your potential clients achieve their goals. The map can also be easily embedded onto another web-page or presentation.
Map and visualization tools are available at the Manage subscription level and above.
To create a map of companies in OMX:
1. Perform a search in the global search bar and apply any filters that are relevant. For how to search, click here. Maps and visualizations can be created in OMX by filtering by any capability, advanced search, pin or tag.
2. Once you have filtered your results, select "View as Map" from the dropdown menu in the upper left corner of the search results.
3. You will now be taken into your map. Each company from your search results is represented by a point on the map. Where you have many companies clustered into one area, the map will show the number of companies in the area. You can turn this on or off by clicking the ‘Clusters’ checkbox in the upper right corner of the map.
4. You can access each company’s full profile directly from the map by clicking on the company’s location and then clicking on the company name.
5. You can easily embed this map into another website by clicking the 'Embed' button in the lower left hand corner.
6. You can copy and paste the code that appears to embed this map into another website or presentation.
If your subscription to OMX is at the Manage level or above, you'll also have access to OMX's data visualization tools. These tools are specifically useful for buyers and large suppliers and any company that needs to report on local spending to a Government or other stakeholders.
To use the Visualizations tools in OMX:
2. Once you have filtered your results, select "View as Visualizations" from the dropdown menu in the left corner of the search results.
3. The OMX platform will now generate a series of graphs and charts for you, highlighting key data points that are relevant to your search.
4. You can see further detail on a graph or chart by hovering your mouse over a data point.