This article is all about how to use the Canadian Content Calculator on OMX.
For a more in depth understanding of Canadian Content and why it is so important for procurements that are subject to Canada’s Industrial and Regional Benefits (IRB) and Industrial and Technological Benefits (ITB) program, please visit our page Understanding Canadian Content.
1. To begin calculating your Canadian Content Value (CCV), start by adding a new product to your company profile under the ‘Edit Organization’ tab of your company Dashboard. From the drop-down menu that appears, select ‘Products and Services.’
2. Click the 'Products' tab...
...and then click 'Add Product'
To calculate your CCV for a service, follow the same steps as below but begin by clicking the ‘Services’ tab from your ‘Products and Services’ page. Then click 'Add Service' from the services page.
3. You can also add a CCV to an existing product or service by clicking ‘Edit’ on that product or service.
4. From your product specific page, select ‘Canadian Dollar – CAD’ from the ‘Currency’ drop down menu.
5. Click the ‘CCV Calculator’ button appear below the ‘Domestic Content’ section of the page.
6. If you already know your CCV, you can enter it as a value or percentage under ‘Domestic Content.’ However, as the supplier, you are responsible for the amount that you claim, so be sure that the amount you enter is accurate.
7. Once you have entered the Canadian Content Calculator, enter your product information and select whether your selling price for that product can be substantiated. If your selling price can be substantiated, you have an established price for the product or service. When finished, click ‘Next’ at the bottom of the page to continue.
8. Begin filling in the costs associated with each field for your product or service. If your selling price can be substantiated, the calculator will subtract ineligible costs from your selling price. If it cannot be substantiated, the calculator will add up all eligible costs and subtract all ineligible costs, leaving you with the CCV of your product or service. Continue filling in all fields relevant to your product or service and clicking ‘Next’ until you have completed all tabs of the form.
The OMX CCV calculator will provide you with a brief instructions and references to Canada’s Model IRB Terms and Conditions throughout the form.
9. When finished, you will have the option to email your calculation to yourself as a spreadsheet and save your CCV to your product or service.