When adding a new program, you can choose to collect supply chain data for that program. This feature allows you to easily calculate the economic impacts, regional distribution and SME content throughout your entire supply chain for a program.
Collecting supply chain data allows suppliers to see your company name and program name. It also allows you to share project details with the project's recipient so that they can fill in missing details such as domestic content value, contact information, impacts on the recipient and subcontractors. Having your recipients add their subcontractors for a project lets you gain insight into the full downstream impacts of the program across supply chain tiers. Further, it can aid in reducing supply chain risk by identifying suppliers that you may not want within your supply chain.
1. To collect supply chain data, select the 'Collect supply chain data' checkbox on the 'Add Program' page. For more on setting up programs in OMX, click here.
2. Once you have clicked to collect supply chain data, you can share the associated projects with your recipients (More info on setting up projects in OMX here). Click the checkbox next to 'Share project details with recipient' to share the project.
3. Recipients will only be able to view and edit the details that you've shared with them by clicking 'Recipient to provide'. You can also have recipients add their own milestones or notes by clicking 'Allow recipient to add their own milestones?' or 'Allow recipient to add their own notes'.
4. You can also survey your supply chain and ask questions, such as 'What impact did this project have on your company?', 'How many employees did your company hire as a result of this project?', or 'Did this project allow your company to export or secure additional financing?' You can enter any questions for your recipient under the 'Questions for Supply Chain' section. Add multiple questions by clicking 'Add another question'.
5. Once you share the project's details with the recipient, they will be able to help you fill in the project details by editing the details of the project that have been shared with them. For more information on recipient edits, click here.
6. If you allow a project recipient to participate in a project, they will have the ability to associate their subcontractors with the project. You can view the project's subcontractors under the 'Subcontractors' tab on the specific project page.